The City Climate Leadership Awards 2014 was attended by around 400 people along with 45 journalists from 14 different countries. Over 160 articles were published in international media, a selection of which are featured below. During September 2014, over 70,000 people visited the City Climate Leadership Awards website, and over 40,000 people from 121 different countries cast their votes online for the Citizen's Choice Award. During the same month, the #C40SiemensAwards hashtag achieved a reach of over 13 million Twitter users.
- The Cities That Are Leading on Climate Change (Sustainable Cities Collective)
- London Triumphs at C40 Awards (Cities Today)
- Seoul wins global green city award (The Korea Herald)
- Melbourne tree-save program voted world's best (The Age)
- Portland wins global award from climate group for complete neighborhoods (The Oregonian)
- Taipei tops city climate leadership global online poll (Taipei Times)
- Amsterdam wint Climate Leadership Award in New York [nl] (RTLZ)