C40 Mayors Summit Kicks Off in Johannesburg
After months of preparation and anticipation, the big day is finally nearly at hand: planes are landing and banners are going up as the C40 Mayors Summit in Johannesburg begins in earnest tomorrow morning.
Here at C40, we’re excited to be teaming up with the City of Johannesburg our new chair Mayor Eduardo Paes’ office to bring hundreds of Mayors, senior city officials and sustainability experts together for a two-day event where cities will share their successes and challenges as they learn from the other members of C40.
For those of you who aren’t here with us in Johannesburg, South Africa, your C40 News Team is here to keep you up to speed with the speeches, sessions and breaking news that will all be part of the next few days. And we’re pleased to announce that you can also follow along at home by watching a livestream of the major plenary sessions.
We have a packed agenda, but here are some key highlights to keep in mind:
- Release of new data in the Climate Action In Megacities 2.0 Report
- Keynote Address by Christiana Figueres, Executive Secretary, UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC)
- Thirteen breakout session designed to serve as ‘report-outs’ from active C40 Networks
- Ceremonial handover of C40 Chairmanship from Mayor Bloomberg to Mayor Paes
- Address: Dr. Joan Clos, Executive Director, United Nations Human Settlements Programme
For a full agenda, click here.
For more real-time updates, be sure to follow @c40cities on Twitter, and follow the conversation with hashtags #ycities and #JoburgC40.