One Week Left to Vote for the Citizen’s Choice Award
In September, ten cities were awarded with inaugural City Climate Leadership Awards recognizing their leadership and innovation in climate solutions. C40 and Siemens also announced a Citizen’s Choice Award to allow a popular vote to decide an 11th award recipient.
Thousands have voted to date for their favorite city project, and we are now down to the final week. The competition is tight, so if you haven’t yet voted, this is your chance to make your opinion heard and help decide which of these projects deserves recognition for its leadership among city peers.
To better inform with your decision, check out the full list of eligible cities and their notable climate action projects:
- Amsterdam: Amsterdam Smart City
- Bangkok: Climate Change Action Plan
- Barcelona: 22@
- Barcelona: Barcelona Smart City
- Berlin: Energy Saving Partnerships
- Berlin: Solardachbörse – Solar Roof Initiative
- Buenos Aires: Plan for Sustainable Mobility
- Chicago: Chicago Infrastructure Trust
- Houston: 50% Renewable Power
- Johannesburg: Climate Change Adaptation Plan (CCAP)
- Lagos: Integrated Waste Management Plant
- London: Clean Air Fund/Air Strategy
- London: Climate Change Mitigation and Energy Strategy
- Los Angeles: San Pedro Bay Ports Clean Air Action Plan (CAAP)
- New York City: Greener, Greater Buildings Plan
- New York: PlaNYC and GreeNYC
- Oslo: Integrated Waste Management System
- Paris: Autolib’
- Paris: Clichy-Batignolles
- Rio de Janeiro: Porto Maravilha
- Rotterdam & Ho Chi Minh City: Climate Adaptation Partnership
- São Paulo: Bandeirantes Landfill Gas to Energy Project
- Seoul: Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Shanghai: Offshore Wind Farms
- Stockholm: Congestion Charge
- Stockholm: Hammarby Sjöstad
- Stockholm: Sustainable Järva
Make sure to follow @C40cities on Twitter for details of the project and the competition, and once you vote, please be certain to share via Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #C40SiemensAwards to let the world know who you think should win.
To vote now, click here.