ABOUT THE CITIES AWARDS 2017
Throughout the world mayors deliver important, impactful, and innovative policies and programmes that reduce carbon pollution and improve resilience. Since 2013, C40 has recognised more than 40 of the world’s boldest projects, highlighting the critical role cities play as a leading force for climate action.
Given the urgency of climate action in the US, this year's awards will have a special focus on the leadership of US cities on the global stage. Each category of the Cities Awards 2017 will have an international winner and a US winner.
Winners will be announced in the fall.
The Cities Awards aim to:
- Ensure that cities demonstrating true leadership in addressing climate change are globally recognised;
- Share highly replicable ‘best practices’ across cities, and draw attention to outstanding performances and integrated solutions that have achieved a high level of environmental success in a challenging context.
The Cities Awards will give cities:
- Prestigious recognition on a global scale with the winners announced during Climate Week in NYC;
- Extensive global media coverage for the cities and their projects;
- Recognition via the Cities100 publication by C40 and Sustainia.
Applications are now open and must be submitted online by 19 May 2017
For further information on the Cities Awards, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org