About the Awards
Mayors continue to deliver important, innovative policies and programmes that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve resiliency. The C40 Cities Awards, launched in 2013, draw international recognition towards the critical role cities are playing as a leading force for climate action around the world, and showcase their success stories so that other cities will be inspired and empowered to act.
The 2016 C40 Cities Awards will once again aim to share highly replicable ‘best practices’ across cities and draw attention to outstanding performances that have achieved a high level of environmental success in a challenging context.
The Awards Ceremony will take place on 1 December 2016 in Mexico City, to coincide with the C40 Mayors Summit. The Summit, taking place from 30 November to 2 December, will bring together the global network of C40 Mayors, prominent climate change experts, and industry leaders.
The C40 Cities Awards aim to:
- Ensure that cities demonstrating true leadership in addressing climate change are globally recognised;
- Share highly replicable ‘best practices’ across cities, and draw attention to outstanding performances and integrated solutions that have achieved a high level of environmental success in a challenging context;
- Enable dialogue on a global scale, and networking opportunities.
The C40 Cities Awards will give cities:
- Prestigious recognition on a global scale at the Awards Ceremony in December 2016 attended by Mayors, senior city officials, and international climate leaders;
- Extensive global media coverage for the cities and their projects;
- Recognition via the Cities100 publication by C40 and Sustainia.
After last year’s successful launch, C40, Sustainia, and Realdania have once again partnered to produce Cities100, a publication which seeks to identify, analyse and communicate the most ground-breaking solutions to the problems of climate change that afflict cities today.
Applications that are submitted for the C40 Cities Awards will automatically be entered as a Cities100 nomination also, providing cities with a chance for projects to be highlighted and recognised across two platforms.
Contact us for further information on the C40 Cities Awards.