The 2013 City Climate Leadership Awards was attended by around 400 people along with 52 journalists from 17 different countries. A selection of the articles published are featured below. Over the course of the 2 day event, 11,000 people visited the City Climate Leadership Awards website and Twitter activity had a reach of almost 11 million Twitter users. Television coverage in the US saw 234 airings reach in excess of 2.5 million viewers.
- September 12, 2013 Cities bypass slow government to lead the way on climate change (The Guardian)
- September 9, 2013 Tokyo Wins 2020 Olympic Bid Plus Climate Leadership Award (Environment News Service)
- September 9, 2013 Singapore, Tokyo among top ten best cities for urban sustainability (Eco-Business)
- September 5, 2013 Melbourne carbon-reduction plan 'best in the world' (Sydney Morning Herald)
- September 5, 2013 La Ciudad de México, premiada por sus políticas de calidad del aire (CNN Mexico)
- September 5, 2013 The 10 Cities That Are Leading The Way In Urban Sustainability (Fast Company: Co.Exist)