All applications will be considered for three tiers of recognition. The selection of applications for all three tiers will be done using the same Assessment Criteria, detailed in full below. The tiers of recognition are:
The Cities100 assessment is done by a Selection Committee of urban analysts at C40 and Sustainia. The projects selected for feature in Cities100 will be notified by August 2017.
Cities Awards Finalists
The Awards assessment is done by a Selection Committee of urban professionals at C40, who will review and evaluate the applications a second time. There will be 2 American and 2 international Finalists per category defined, which will be announced in August 2017.
C40 Cities Awards Winners
From the list of Finalists, an independent Jury Panel will then evaluate each submission to select the Winners in each category. The Winners will be announced in September at the Cities Awards Ceremony.
Overview - Assessment Criteria
All assessments are done using the following criteria (more detailed can be found in Appendix A):
1. Climate action. The expected or achieved CO2 reduction and/or climate risk mitigation of the project.
2. Co-benefits. The extent to which the project has positive co-benefits for other aspects of society, in addition to its climate change mitigation and CO2 reductions.
3. Innovation. The extent to which the project takes an entirely new or ground-breaking approach to address major environmental issues (that has not been applied similarly elsewhere).
4. Governance. How well the project is incorporated into larger city plans, collaborates with other entities in the city, and engages citizens in the project’s development and implementation.
5. Sharing and scaling. The extent to which the project experience is shared with other cities and regions and the future potential to scale the project within the city.
Detailed description of each criterion and how they are weighted during the evaluation is stated in the Application Guide.
For further information on the Cities Awards, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org