About the online course
Women4Climate is pleased to present a free, four-week online course: Developing Skills for Women Leadership in Climate Action.
- Empower and inspire women and girls
- Strengthen leadership skills
- Support the delivery of climate initiatives rooted in the principles of inclusion and equity
The course also relies on valuable contributions from inspiring climate leaders and experts such as Inna Braverman, Louise Marix-Evans, Mary Anne Hitt, Natalie Isaacs, Renata Koch Alvarenga, David Miller, Luisa Miranda Morel, VanessaNakate, Lerato Ngakane, Alexandra Palt, Daniel Ruiz Carrascal, Caterina Sarfatti, Jeff Schlegelmilch, Muna Suleiman, Professor Laurence Tubiana.
Who is it for?
This course is for women and girls who are ready to start, or have just started, their climate journey, and who would like support to develop key leadership skills and to access a rich base of knowledge on climate action rooted in inclusivity and equity.
Take this course if you are:
- Concerned about climate breakdown and its impacts and want insights on how to start taking impactful action locally.
- Have an idea what change needs to happen, but are looking for tools to strengthen your work.
- Keen to learn how to strengthen the inclusivity and equity considerations in your existing climate work.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of addressing climate change through an inclusive and equitable lens and share examples of best practices.
- Demonstrate how climate change disproportionately impacts women and explain approaches that put gender equality at their heart.
- Develop or strengthen your climate action to increase its impact and ensure it does not leave anyone behind.
- Recognise your strengths as a leader and become an influential changemaker.
Course content and structure
The material is asynchronous: participants can start the course at any time and work through the material at the time that suits them best.
The total time commitment over the period of this four-week course is nine hours. Additional three hours may be required to work through non-mandatory exercises and Personal Development Plan.
Upon successful completion of the course, learners will receive a free certificate.
The course is structured around four weeks:
- Week 1: Introduction to climate change and inclusive climate change action.
- Week 2: Women at the heart of climate action.
- Week 3: Taking the lead on inclusive climate action.
- Week 4: Influencing change and staying resilient.
To sign up, you are asked to register through this online form. Please allow up to three working days for our team to process your registration.
Please refer to the infographic below for guidance on registration.