10 Years of Results: 10 Twitter Accounts to Follow
Here at C40, we’re proud to have nearly 24,000 of you following C40 Cities on Twitter, where we post the most important news about cities, climate change, and – this year – the road to COP21 in Paris at the end of the year.
We’re glad to see so many people engaging in the conversation around climate action in cities, which you can follow with the hashtag #ycities, and by keeping an eye on some of our favorite Twitter handles, which we’ve listed below.
Organizational Partners for the #CompactOfMayors:
- Compact of Mayors (@compactofmayors) – Follow this account for updates around the Compact of Mayors, the world’s largest effort by city leaders to combat climate change. This global coalition of mayors is pledging to cut greenhouse gas emissions, enhance climate change resilience and report their successes – find out more about the effort here.
- ICLEI (@ICLEI) – Along with C40, ICLEI is one of the city networks partners on the Compact of Mayors, which was launched in September 2014.
- UCLG (@uclg_org) – Another major international city network, UCLG is also a key partner on the Compact of Mayors.
- UN-Habitat (@UNHABITAT) – The United Nations programme is also a Compact of Mayors partner, and is working towards a better urban future in the face of a rapidly urbanizing global population, particularly in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Bloomberg Cities (@BloombergCities) – Follow this account for latest news, stories, and reports on smart cities and climate action.
Important Accounts on the #RoadtoParis for #COP21:
- UNFCCC (@UNFCCC) – The UN Framework Convention on Climate Change is the organizational body for the international climate negotiations, so stay tuned to this Twitter handle for key updates in the lead up to COP 21.
- Christiana Figueres (@CFigueres) – As Executive Secretary of the UNFCCC, Christiana Figueres plays a key role when it comes to international climate policy. Read her post on how megacities are becoming central players in the fight against climate change.
Friends of C40:
- Andrew Steer (@AndrewSteerWRI) – President and CEO of World Resources Institute, Steer is a longtime champion of climate action in cities. Watch his video for C40’s 10th anniversary here.
- President William J. Clinton (@billclinton) – President Clinton’s Climate Initiative cities program worked alongside C40 at its inception to help cities lead the way. Watch his video for C40’s 10th anniversary here.
- Citiscope (@Citiscope) – Follow this account for all the latest news, reports and updates around cities, climate and sustainable development.
To see all of our 10 year anniversary posts, click here.
For more suggestions on how to join the conversation around cities and climate, click here.