Impact of flooding on C40 cities’ energy systems
- By 2050, over 300 energy generation facilities in C40 cities will be at risk of flooding.
- More than half of at-risk facilities are located in C40’s North American cities (61%), supplying energy to 8.4 million homes in the US.
- A further 15% are located in Europe and 4% are in Latin America.
Solutions for cities
- Flood-proof energy infrastructure to protect against sea-level rise, coastal storms and inland flooding.
- Improve the efficiency of critical systems in order to build resilience to climate threats.